Windows 8 Consumer Preview
1. Open Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features >click Turn Windows features on or Off
2. Select .NET Framework 3.5.1 feature and click Ok, Windows downloads required files connecting to Windows Update
3. installed 3dsmax 2012 on Win8 Consumer Preview Build 8250 without any tweaks. Just run “Setup.exe”
.NET 3.5 SP1 would be downloaded/installed automatically.
Window 8 developer Preview
- First download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) (haven”t tried for 32bit) and install it.
Here is the link with SP1
- I simply turn off the .net framework 3.5 and 4.5 from windows features which already enabled with Win8. Try installing again It will probably ask you .net framework 3.5 to proceed. (If you choose to continue It updates the Net framework.)
- After installed the Visual C++ 2008 and managed the .Net framework `side by side` error disappears but I had another error which regarding an DirectX issue. `d3dx9_43.dll is missing` afterwards
-I wouldnt recommend to download individual dll file. I used DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft
- Restarting your PC would be okay after setting up DirectX
- Try to install again right after clean remove.(If you have any issues like unexpected install failure try to repair just as I experienced )
- If you changed the compatibility mode to win7 or lower before, keep in mind to clear that changes to default.
and… Here it is running 3ds max on Win8.
Hope you sort it out without having any issues.
Click for large image .